Sunday, September 4, 2011

Summary Vs. Analysis

When it comes to summary vs. analysis it seems very simple. Summary is just basically telling someone what

the story is about. No guess work is involved and no opinions are needed. As an example one of my favorite

books is Blood Trinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon, by looking at the book on her website you are given a quick

summary of the novel, http://www.sherrilynkenyon.com/book/blood-trinity/ . Now if I were to explain what I

believe the author is trying to get across to me through this story that would be an analysis. I believe in Sherrilyn's

story she is showing us a strong female lead character who doesn't necessarily follow all the rules to fight evil. An

analysis to me is very opinion based and doesn't need to tell someone all the facts of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment