Sunday, November 6, 2011

Bibliography

Bibliography

Harris, Charlaine. Dead Until Dark. New York: Penguin Group, 2001.

I am of course using the novel as my main source throughout the paper. I am taking Harris’ work and comparing her content to current day issues that are hidden throughout. She addresses many issues including gay rights, tolerance, and politics. Even though they are hidden amongst vampires and werewolves you can see yourself in many of the problems throughout the book.

Kacelnik, Chally. “Housework and horror: Charlaine Harris’s Dead Reckoning.” Global Comment 25 June 2011. 6 Nov. 2011 <http://globalcomment.com/2011/bisexuality-and-bloodsucking-housework-and-horror-charlaine-harris-dead-reckoning/>

Even though this is a review of a later novel in the Sookie Stackhouse series it still addresses what Harris includes in all of her novels. The author of this article actually argues that Harris does not address enough of today’s current issues in her writing. In my opinion this could be used as a good argument in my paper as to why I feel differently.

Van Cise, Michael. Book Review: Charlaine Harris’ Sookie Stackhouse Novels. 6 Nov. 2011 <http://michaelvancise.com/index.php/trueblood>

This article takes a different approach compared to the previous article. The author states that he enjoyed the way Harris uses current issues and hides them amongst a fantasy novel and still entertains you. I believe using pro and con articles will be much more interesting in my paper rather than just using things I feel support what I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment