Monday, October 24, 2011

Final Project Proposal

I am wanting to do option #2 and am planning on using vampires as my monster. I am going to read the Southern Vampire novels by Charlaine Harris and use True Blood as a secondary source. I love the series and am interested in seeing how the actual novels convey vampires in modern times. The idea of vampirism has always been something I have wanted to look into and love to research. I am hoping by really looking into the hidden meanings in the books and the series I will get a deeper insight to what is really trying to be conveyed by the authors. I am also going to use other websites for my research. http://bestfantasystories.com/a-comparison-of-true-blood-vs-charlaine-harris-books/ This link is just one of many sites that compare the books to the HBO series.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE those books. My mom had them sent to my address by mistake from Amazon, and I had read them all before she came to get them! Harris is such an easy author to read, and I love her take on vampires. I was super bummed when I found out that Bubba (the Elvis vampire) didn't make the T.V. show. The director said there was no way he could have chosen an actor to play The King =) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete